Prayerlines – July/August 2021
“The power of prayer is not in the words I pray, the place I pray, the way I pray, how loud I pray or how long I pray, but in the One to Whom I pray.” Anne Murchison
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- The Journeying Through Grief online conference went very well! There was a good turnout of around 30 devices tuning in (some devices had multiple participants). Several people commented that the sharing circles were especially inspirational.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Please pray for all the Peoples in this land to be able to face the realities of the painful past coming to the surface anew with the revelations of the unmarked graves found at former residential schools. The revelations of these tragedies are rocking the foundations of this country. Please pray that both Indigenous and non-Indigenous people would be able to deal with these heartbreaking realities in a good way, and pray about how Rising Above might respond.
2. Daren George (Smithers, BC) has been walking alongside many people who are deeply impacted by the continued findings of unmarked graves of residential school children. Pray for wisdom as he encourages and counsels many who are coming to him. Pray for him also as he deals with his own grief from multiple situations.
3. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside people individually and through the Grief Recovery course. Pray for the men’s groups and for those who are struggling with addictions.
4. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous(Edmonton, AB) as recovers from surgery after a broken collarbone from a bus accident. Pray also for her work with Rising Above – providing a woman with spiritual and emotional support and leading a women’s group that she just started.
5. Pray for Ben Lim as he leads Rising Above going forward. Pray for the Youth Task Force as they discern how to support young people as they bring healing to their peers. Pray also as he looks at other funding possibilities. In addition to his executive responsibilities, Ben has recently reconnected with some youth from up North.
6. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin as they minister with the Rising Above Band and connect with people. They continue to lead worship monthly at First Nations Community Church which is broadcast on the church’s Facebook page. Terry continues to build the band’s online presence by producing and posting more music videos on YouTube and Facebook. Pray that their music would bring healing and draw people to Jesus.
7. Pray for the Rising Above Board. Please pray that another 1-3 Indigenous people would serve on the board.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…