Prayerlines – June 2020
“The devil is not terribly frightened of our human efforts and credentials. But he knows his kingdom will be damaged when we begin to lift up our hearts to God.” – Jim Cymbala
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Thanks to technology, Johan, Daren and Rosie continue to connect with clients and individuals for prayer and counselling.
- The need for Johan to deliver food to individuals has lessened as more people are able to get out to the store themselves.
- We are thankful that the restrictions are starting to lift in some areas.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. During this time of social distancing, there is a struggle that is felt by all of our ministry staff: the difficulty of counselling without being face to face. With so much of communication being nonverbal, dealing with sensitive issues in counselling situations is much more challenging. Please pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC), Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) and Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as they meet with people through phone or video calls, that the Holy Spirit would guide them and give them insight into what they are unable to discern on their own. Pray that they would know what to say and how to respond in each situation. Pray also for endurance as spending extended periods of time on phone calls and video chats can be very draining.
2. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he addresses the need for more financial support for Rising Above. Pray also for guidance for Ben and the team as they seek God’s will for possible youth initiatives.
3. Pray for Terry Martin in his sabbatical – that he would experience rest, rejuvenation and spiritual renewal.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…