Prayerlines – June 2021
“Our prayers lay the track down which God’s power can come. Like a mighty locomotive, his power is irresistible, but it cannot reach us without rails.” Watchman Nee
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Rising Above is hosting its first online conference this weekend, May 28-30, called Journeying Through Grief. There are 40 people registered.
- Johan (Parry Sound/Muskoka) has been able to restart a men’s group that builds relationships.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Please pray for the online Journeying Through Grieve Conference this weekend. Pray for the participants, speakers, counsellors, prayer partners, sharing circle facilitators and organizers. Pray also that the technology will work smoothly. More information on the conference can be found here.
2. Daren George (Smithers, BC) has been working closely with a trauma situation. Pray for wisdom as he encourages and counsels many who are coming to him. Pray for discernment in setting boundaries for his time and energy.
3. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside people individually and through the Grief Recovery course. Pray for the men’s groups and for those who are struggling with addictions. Please pray specifically for Adam (name changed), who is in urgent need of housing.
4. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as she provides a woman with spiritual and emotional support. Pray for wisdom in her school courses and personal life. Pray about a possible workshop that she would like to offer.
5. Pray for Ben Lim as he leads Rising Above going forward. Pray for the Youth Task Force as they discern how to support young people as they bring healing to their peers. Pray also as he looks at other funding possibilities.
6. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin as they minister with the Rising Above Band. Terry will be editing Band videos for use in this weekend’s conference. They will also be leading worship at First Nations Community Church this Sunday. Pray for the Band as they deal with the tight Covid restrictions in Manitoba which makes it difficult to be together to practice and expand their ministry.
7. Pray for the Rising Above Board. Please pray that another 1-3 Indigenous people would serve on the board.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…