Prayerlines – October 2020
“We cannot all argue, but we can all pray; we cannot all be leaders, but we can all be pleaders; we cannot all be mighty in rhetoric, but we can all be prevalent in prayer.”― Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Ride for Refuge – we are over halfway to our goal of raising $30,000! The official date for the Ride is October 3. Our progress can be seen at rideforrefuge.org/risingabove.
- Johan Strydom (Parry Sound) has recently connected with a few people who are considering some involvement with the ministry of Rising Above.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he counsels those who are coming to him for support. Pray for discernment of God’s leading in ministering to the men God is bringing into his life.
2. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside people individually, in men’s group and through the Grief Recovery course. Pray for wisdom in how best to help in each situation.
3. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB), Daren, Johan and Ben as they plan a future online ministry opportunity.
4. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he works on the structure of Rising Above’s counselling services. Pray also for guidance as he addresses the need for more financial support for Rising Above.
5. Pray for Terry Martin as he returns to Rising Above full-time in October. Pray for the transition as roles shift in different areas.
6. Our biggest fundraiser, the Ride for Refuge, is underway. The format this year has changed to allow participants to gather in teams and raise funds doing an activity of their choice. Please pray for the participants as they do their final fundraising throughout the month of October.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…