Prayerlines – January 2021
“The power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not the one who says it.” -Max Lucado
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Terry (Niverville) was able to record and produce a service put on by First Nations Community Church. He has been learning much about mixing and video editing in order to open more doors for online ministry with the Rising Above Band.
- Daren (Smithers) has been engaging in telephone conference and online counselling. He is finding that the positive things he is posting on Facebook have opened the door to many deep conversations with people.
- Johan (Parry Sound/Muskoka) has seen some positive results over the past month with one client in particular. For another client who didn’t respond to traditional counselling, Johan has been able to find another way to bring some hope into the situation.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC). Many of those he is counselling are struggling with much grief or mental health issues. Also, there were some workshops/conferences in the planning process before COVID. These programs are still wanted and needed – please pray that we will find a way to move forward.
2. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside people individually, in men’s group and through the Grief Recovery course. Some of his clients are really struggling. Pray for wisdom in how best to help in each situation. Pray that the men’s group will find a good solution for a meeting space.
3. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as she explores ways to support a woman in a different province.
4. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he works on the structure of the online ministry opportunity and an online fundraiser.
5. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin as they work on expanding the music ministry of the Rising Above Band. Pray that online ministry opportunities will continue to bring hope and comfort. Pray for Terry as he continues to learn the new technology and make decisions on how to proceed.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…