Prayerlines – September 2020
“We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. It surmounts or removes all obstacles, overcomes every resisting force and gains its ends in the face of invincible hindrances.”
– E. M. Bounds
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Johan Strydom (Parry Sound) is seeing progress in one of his clients who is trying to achieve sobriety. He has also had a few more individuals express interest in meeting with him.
- Ride for Refuge – so far 25 participants have signed up to raise money for Rising Above!
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he counsels those who are coming to him with questions. Pray for discernment of God’s leading in ministering to the men God is bringing into his life.
2. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside several individuals who are restarting the road to recovery from addiction after losing their progress in the last few months. Pray for wisdom as he starts meeting with a new client.
3. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB), Daren, Johan and Ben as they plan a future online ministry opportunity.
4. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he addresses the need for more financial support for Rising Above. Pray also for guidance for Ben and the team as they seek God’s will for possible new initiatives.
5. Pray for Terry Martin as he finishes his sabbatical and returns to Rising Above half-time in September.
6. Our biggest fundraiser, the Ride for Refuge, is underway. The format this year has changed to allow participants to gather in teams and raise funds doing an activity of their choice. Please pray for even more team captains and participants to rise to the challenge.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…