Prayerlines – July 2020
“No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it.” -Guy H. King
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- With the ease in social distancing restrictions, Johan (Parry Sound) is starting reconnect with people one-on-one. The men’s circle has also started up again.
- The new familiarity with video meetings opens up possibilities for us to connect more often with those in remote areas and offer more resources for those who are not in our immediate vicinity.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Continue to pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC), Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) and Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as they meet with people one-on-one and through phone or video calls. Pray that the Holy Spirit would guide them and give them insight into what they are unable to discern on their own. Many individuals who were making progress in their mental health or addictions had setbacks because of isolation in the past few months. Please pray that they would be encouraged and have the perseverance to continue on their healing journeys.
2. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he addresses the need for more financial support for Rising Above. Pray also for guidance for Ben and the team as they seek God’s will for possible new initiatives.
3. Pray for Terry Martin in his sabbatical – that he would experience rest, rejuvenation and spiritual renewal.
4. Our biggest fundraiser is the Ride for Refuge in October. The format this year has changed to allow participants to gather in teams and raise funds doing an activity of their choice. Please pray for team captains and participants to rise to the challenge.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…