PRAYERlines – December 2022
“Prayer is where the action is.” – John Wesley
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Daren George and Rosie Boskoyous were involved in a Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop in Vancouver, BC. There was a good turnout and God used the circumstances there to change lives.
- On Nov. 13 the Rising Above Band took the morning service at Word of Life Church in Niverville. God really spoke to people through the Band’s music and also through Howard’s message on reconciliation.
Prayer Priorities . . .
- Pray for the Rising Above Conference in Moose Factory January 12-15. Pray for a substantial prayer covering and God’s protection over every aspect of the event; the local committee’s organization and execution; courage for participants to come with open hearts; support from the local churches and community leadership; and God’s anointing on speakers, musicians, counsellors, prayer partners, and sharing circle facilitators.
- Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks with grief recovery clients, men’s groups and others. Pray for a client who struggles to see the positive in life. Please pray for more financial support. Pray also as Rising Above seeks to hire a trainee to work with him in Grief Recovery.
- Pray for discernment for Rosie Boskoyousfor her future plans with Rising Above as she is currently in a geographical transition.
- Pray for Nick & Vivian Helliwell (Regina, SK) as they minister to people on the street, meeting needs during colder weather. Pray for their regular Bible studies and individual meetings. Pray also as they work together in ministry with Celebration church.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and manages the activities of Rising Above. Pray for vision and discernment for the Youth Task Force, who meet again in December. Pray that they might discern how to bring Jesus’ healing ministry to young people and see them connected to their Heavenly Father. Pray also for the new project to develop a training module to empower people to walk alongside their community members.
- Terry & Brenda Martin (Niverville, MB) and the Rising Above Band will be ministering at the Family Life Centre in December. The engagement in Nelson House, MB was postponed due to a Covid outbreak.
- Pray for wisdom for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he receives requests for conferences and workshops in nearby communities. Pray for the grief workshop on January 9th.
- Pray for one more Indigenous individual to serve on the Board at Rising Above.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…