Prayerlines – April 2020
“Only God can move mountains, but faith and prayer move God.” – E.M. Bounds
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Self-isolation and lockdowns are affecting the work of our ministry staff, but contact is being maintained through texts, phone calls and Facebook. We can be thankful for technology which allows us to continue our ministry!
- In this difficult time, Johan Strydom had new opportunities to connect with people by delivering dried food to those who need it. We continue to look for ways to encourage and support those whom God has placed in our path.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Rising Above Conference in Toronto – March 27-28 has been cancelled indefinitely. This is a big disappointment for us as we were looking forward to our first conference in Toronto. Please pray for the conference team in the coming weeks and months as they discern if this conference will happen in the future.
2. Pray for Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as Johan navigates ministering to people through technology rather than through direct contact. Men’s groups and Faith Circles can no longer meet because of the lockdown. Please pray against loneliness and anxiety for everyone who is isolated with little interaction with others. Pray also for the area’s health unit as many people are returning to their cottages early, which potentially can overwhelm the health care system there.
3. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as she seeks out opportunities to be involved in the Edmonton area.
4. Please pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC). Pray that the body of Christ can all work together so that we can shine a light during this dark time. Please pray against the enemy`s attempts to discourage Daren and keep him from ministry.
5. Pray for wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward. Pray for discernment as he addresses the need for more financial support for Rising Above. Pray also for guidance as he puts together ideas for a possible youth program.
6. Pray for Terry Martin as he begins his 5 month sabbatical – that he would experience rest, rejuvenation and spiritual renewal.
7. During the COVID-19 pandemic, let us pray for our country’s leaders, front line workers, elders and vulnerable.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…