PRAYERlines – January 2023
“Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still.” – E.M. Bounds
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Nick Helliwell was involved in a discipleship training with Carriers of Hope and Celebration Church that produced some good contacts with other churches in the area of reconciliation.
- The Rising Above Band ministered at the Family Life Centre in Winnipeg for the first time in two and half years. It was a very special time with good connections and meaningful sharing.
Prayer Priorities . . .
- Pray for the Rising Above Conference in Moose Factory January 12-15. Pray for a substantial prayer covering and God’s protection over every aspect of the event; the planning team’s organization and execution; courage for participants to come with open hearts; support from the local churches and community leadership; and God’s anointing on speakers, musicians, counsellors, prayer partners, and sharing circle facilitators.
- Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) and his involvement in a Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop in Fort St. John in January. Pray also for his health as he continues to deal with dizziness.
- Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks with grief recovery clients, men’s groups and others. Pray for a possible new men’s group that would reach a rougher crowd. Please pray for more financial support. Pray also as Rising Above seeks to hire a trainee to work with him in Grief Recovery.
- Pray for discernment for Rosie Boskoyousfor her future plans with Rising Above and for accommodations and other employment as she settles in Vancouver, BC.
- Pray for Nick & Vivian Helliwell (Regina, SK) as they minister to people on the street, meeting needs during colder weather. Pray for their regular Bible studies and individual meetings. Pray for Vivian’s health as she recovers from a second case of pneumonia.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for Ben Lim as he leads and manages the activities of Rising Above. Pray for vision and discernment for the Youth Task Force – that they might discern how to bring Jesus’ healing ministry to young people and see them connected to their Heavenly Father. Pray also for the new project to develop a training module to empower people to walk alongside their community members.
- Terry & Brenda Martin (Niverville, MB) with the Rising Above Band have had numerous requests for the new year. Pray that they will have wisdom in planning their schedule and that their music will continue to minister to others both in person and online.
- Pray for one more Indigenous individual to serve on the Board at Rising Above.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…