Prayerlines – June 2019
“We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. It surmounts or removes all obstacles, overcomes every resisting force and gains its ends in the face of invincible hindrances.” – E. M. Bounds
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Terry, Ben and Daren attended the annual Indigenous Ministry Leaders Conference held this year at Beaverlake Camp in Dryden. It proved to be a very beneficial time for the three of them to connect and for Ben to get connected with other ministry leaders in Canada.
- The Lord did great things in the hearts of the participants in the Diploma Counselling Training Program (Institute of Biblical Counselling International) in which Rosie spent two weeks assisting as a counsellor.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Ben Lim, our new Executive Director spent the month of May with Terry in Niverville as part of his transition into leadership. Going forward he will be working from his home in Ottawa. Pray for grace and strength for Ben as he assumes his new position and for Terry as he releases responsibilities and mentors him.
2. Daren George (Smithers, BC) has taken on the role of the primary caregiver for his aging mother. This is making it more of a challenge to meet the ministry needs that come his way. Hold him up in prayer for strength with this added responsibility and for discernment as he resets his priorities.
3. Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON). The church Johan & Kerrie attend in Parry Sound is in deciding about partnering with them in their ministry. This is a long awaited answer to their prayers. Please pray that it would come to fruition– increased exposure and financial and prayer support of their ministry.
4. The Rising Above Band will be singing at Roseau River First Nation, 45 minutes south of Niverville on June 15. Then on June 19-25 they will be on a promotional and ministry tour: Fort Qu’Appelle, SK; Lloydminster, SK, Moosomin First Nation, SK; Siksika First Nation, AB; Taber, AB; and Browning MT. Please pray for travelling safety over the many miles, for fruitful ministry, and increased support for Rising Above.
5. Terry, Ben and Howard Jolly met with the man who made a commitment to follow Jesus at the Rising Above conference last month while he was in Winnipeg. PTL he wants to continue on his new path. Pray that he would stay connected to Jesus as he has some very significant decisions to make about life changes.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…