Prayerlines – February 2021
Wherever the secret of prevailing prayer is found, something supernatural will come to pass.” – G. F. Oliver
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Terry and Brenda (Niverville) – Terry was able to work with new software in the production of the online Christmas Eve program for First Nations Community Church. The Rising Above Band provided the music for the program and received a number of very positive responses.
- Johan (Parry Sound/Muskoka) has seen one client in particular pursue stability in their life. Another client has made difficult but positive choices that enable them to improve their mental health. Johan has seen improvement in the mindset of yet another client.
- Rising Above had a strong month financially in December and was able to end the year in a much better position than anticipated.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he struggles with some health issues that have continued to linger since his stroke. Pray also for wisdom as he encourages and counsels many who are coming to him. Pray for the planning of a possible workshop in his area.
2. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks alongside people individually and through the Grief Recovery course. Pray for ideas in how to help those who have additional barriers such as no internet access or the inability to read well. Pray also for another client who is dealing with a very difficult situation.
3. Pray for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) as she helps with the planning of a potential virtual workshop and as she contemplates future online ministry opportunities while also dealing with some tough personal situations.
4. Pray for our administrative staff: for Ben Lim as he leads and directs Rising Above going forward and for Nicole Banman during this busy financial year end season.
5. Pray for the staff and Board members as they plan an online fundraiser for the end of February. Pray that it will be both an encouragement to others and an effective way to raise funds.
6. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin and the Rising Above Band as they prepare for the online concert as part of the fundraiser at the end of the month. Covid restrictions has made practicing very challenging. They will also be leading worship for First Nations Community Church online. Pray that online ministry opportunities will continue to bring hope and comfort.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…