Prayerlines – February 2019
“The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.” -Samuel Chadwick
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
1. The Board of Directors met in Toronto, January 25-27. God provided a very affordable and accommodating mission Guest house to use. All members were able to attend and the meetings were productive.
2. The response has been very good for the Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop, January 31 – February 2. A grant has been received from the Anglican Diocese in Winnipeg to help cover the expenses.
3. The Strydoms arrived home safely from their family trip to South Africa. They had great times reuniting with Johan’s parents and siblings.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop in Winnipeg, January 31 to February 2. It is a partnership between Rising Above, Institute of Biblical Counselling International and the Anglican Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Join us in prayer for those attending that this would be a fruitful workshop and for the speakers and counsellors: Rosie Boskoyous, Amos Esh, Ivan Wapanisk and Heather Johnson.
2. The search for an Executive Director continues. The Board is pursing candidates from the “short list.” Please continue to pray that God would lay it on someone’s heart to take on this position.
3. Rosie Boskoyous (Niverville & Winnipeg, MB) requests prayer for speaking at the Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop, January 31-February 2. Also pray for the ladies she connects with weekly at the Family Life Center in Winnipeg. Many of them have suffered much trauma. Lastly, pray for more finances for Rosie.
4. Daren George (Smithers, BC) requests prayer for wisdom to know how to minister to the tremendous grief among his people. As a start he would like to plan some grief workshops. Pray also for Daren’s vision that God would raise up 5000 Indigenous men to be Godly leaders in home, community and the church.
5. Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON). Johan urgently needs to find a new space in Parry Sound to conduct his grief counselling. The Friendship Center where he was given space has moved and the space is no longer suitable. Pray for a space with a good location and reasonable cost.
6. The Rising Above Band is pursing an opportunity to sing and a workshop in the fly-in community of Kingfisher Lake , ON February 22-24. We ask you to pray that if it is God’s will for the Band to go, that all the arrangements will come together.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…