Prayerlines – January 2019
“Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.” Martin Luther.
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
1. Daren’s visit with the eye specialist revealed no need for surgery. While this is a real blessing, they are still exploring remediation.
2. Rosie has a place to live that is within her budget.
3. God has adequately provided finances to end the year in the black.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Executive Director: The candidate the Board was pursuing has declined in light of another opportunity. The Board will now pursue other candidates from the “short list.” Please continue to pray that God would lay it on someone’s heart to take on this position.
2. On January 31 to February 2, we are hosting a Healing the Pain of the Heart workshop in Winnipeg. It is a partnership between Rising Above, Institute of Biblical Counselling International and the Anglican Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Rosie will be assisting with the teaching and counselling along with Amos Esh and Ivan Wapanisk. Terry will be coordinating the workshop. Join us in prayer that this would be a fruitful workshop.
3. Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) and their family will be travelling home from South Africa January 14-15. Please pray for safety and protection from any of the Enemy’s plans against them. Pray also for Johan as he reconnects with clients and with all his ministry responsibilities.
4. Rosie Boskoyous (Niverville & Winnipeg, MB) is assisting the Institute of Biblical Counselling International with counselling at a module of the Diploma Counselling program, from January 2-12 in Dryden.
5. Keep Daren George (Smithers, BC) in your prayers as he ministers to men in his area. Many opportunities are opening for him. Pray for strength and discernment to know what opportunities to take on.
6. The Board meets in Toronto, January 25-27. These twice annual face to face meetings are crucial times for the board to decide on matters that determine the course of the organization. Please pray for the Holy Spirit’s leading in all things.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…