PrayerLines – January 2022
“When the devil sees a man or woman who really believes in prayer, who knows how to pray, and who really does pray, and, above all, when he sees a whole church on its face before God in prayer, “he trembles” as much as he ever did, for he knows that his day in that church or community is at an end.” – R. A. Torrey
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Rosie Boskoyous was able to get her final surgery and is now recovering.
- The Rising Above Band went on a short tour to Lac Seul, Sioux Lookout and Cat Lake in Northern Ontario where they were very well received. The Covid tests that they needed to get into Cat Lake were all negative, and Brenda was able to sing despite her health struggle.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for another 3 Indigenous people to serve on the Board at Rising Above.
2. Pray for the planning of an upcoming conference in Kashechewan, ON that will address healing from the intergeneration impact of Residential Schools
3. Pray for Nick and Vivian Helliwell (Regina, SK) as they transition into Rising Above. Pray as they assist men who are coming out of jail and reintegrating in to the community and as they help individuals and families in overcoming life’s challenges. Pray for Nick as he leads Bible Studies on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
4. Pray for Ben Lim as he leads Rising Above going forward. Pray that Rising Above would have vision as they seek God’s will for the ministry for 2022. Pray for the Youth Task Force to have wisdom and discernment in identifying and hiring a Youth Director to lead in the youth ministry. Pray also as Ben looks at other funding possibilities.
5. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin as they minister with the Rising Above Band and connect with people. Pray that God would reveal and open the doors where He wants the Band to minister in 2022.
6. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he goes on a retreat from January 1-7. Pray that it will be a time of refreshment and rejuvenation. Please pray also for Daren’s health.
7. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as he walks with grief recovery clients, men’s groups and others. Pray for a family who is in a very difficult situation. Pray for each of his clients, that they would make forward progress in their healing journeys. Pray as Johan begins a second course through McMaster University.
8. Pray for continued healing for Rosie Boskoyous(Edmonton, AB) as she recovers from final surgery. Pray as she reconnects with ladies one on one.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…