Prayerlines – November 2018
“By prayer we couple the powers of heaven to our helplessness, the powers which can capture strongholds and make the impossible possible.” O. Hallesby
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
1. The Rising Above Band felt the Lord’s blessing on their weekend of fundraising concerts October 19-21. They were well attended and many good connections were made with supporters.
2. The Ride for Refuge fundraiser was a tremendous success for Rising Above. Thirty five people at 3 locations either rode their bike or walked to raise $15,250.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Regarding the position of Executive Director, a person has been approached from the “short list” of potential candidates. Pray for discernment on the part of the Board and pray that this person would have a strong sense of God’s will.
2. Plans for the regional conference scheduled for November 21-23 in Mishkeegogamang, ON have stalled. If the conference is to take place as scheduled a few key pieces will need to fall into place very quickly. Please pray for God’s will and direction.
3. Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) Over the past year Johan has been developing a Youth Leadership program. On October 15 Johan and Terry Martin met with the directors of a Christian camp facility just 45 minutes from Johan. They were exploring the possibility of utilizing the camp for this program. Please pray for God’s direction as they explore this partnership.
4. Rosie Boskoyous, our newest staff member, desires to provide a counselling service in Niverville and Winnipeg. She has been spending most of her time ministering in various ways at the Family Life Centre in Winnipeg (a women’s ministry of Union Gospel Mission) getting to know the women. Please pray for opportunities to counsel women there and in Niverville.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…