PrayerLines – December 2021
“I had rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.” Thomas Lye
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- Nick and Vivian Helliwell in Regina, SK have joined the staff of Rising Above. Nick will be continuing his established work in prison ministry, men’s discipleship and Bible studies.
- One of Johan Strydom’s clients is doing well – they have been making good choices and recently gained employment.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Pray for another 3 Indigenous people to serve on the Board at Rising Above.
2. Pray for Nick and Vivian Helliwell (Regina, SK) as they transition into Rising Above. Pray for Nick as he leads Bible Studies on Tuesdays and Saturdays, as he visits in the jail and as he assists men who are coming out of jail and reintegrating in to the community.
3. Pray for Ben Lim as he leads Rising Above going forward. Pray that Rising Above would have vision as they seek God’s will for the ministry for 2022. Pray for the Youth Task Force to have wisdom and discernment in identifying and hiring a Youth Director to lead in the youth ministry. Pray also as Ben looks at other funding possibilities.
4. Pray for Terry and Brenda Martin and the Rising Above Band as they head to the Sioux Lookout/Cat Lake areas for concerts from Dec 3-7. Please pray for negative COVID-19 tests so that they are able to minister in Cat Lake and pray also for Brenda’s health.
5. Pray for Daren George (Smithers, BC) as he is overwhelmed with funerals as his area has been hit hard by Covid. Pray for wisdom as he discerns where to spend his energy as many people are asking for his help. Please pray also for Daren’s health.
6. Pray for Johan Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) as walks with grief recovery clients, men’s groups and others. Pray for a family who is in a very difficult situation. Pray for Johan as he is taking the Professional Addiction Studies Course through McMaster University.
7. Pray for continued healing for Rosie Boskoyous (Edmonton, AB) and that her final surgery will be able to go ahead soon. Pray as she reconnects with ladies one on one.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…