Prayerlines – December 2018
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
1. Terry Martin facilitated a 1 day Self-Care retreat in Dryden for Christian counsellors working in North Western Ontario. The teaching on Sabbath rest and the time of debriefing were very appreciated and acknowledged as much needed.
2. The men’s circle that Johan Strydom leads in Parry Sound has been gaining traction. There is now a core group of men who come weekly and others who come when they can. It is exciting that they are showing up and hearing one another and being heard.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. Please prioritize prayer regarding filling the position of Executive Director. A person has been approached from the “short list” of potential candidates. Pray for discernment on the part of the Board and pray that this person would have a strong sense of God’s will.
2. The regional conference scheduled for November 21-23 in Mishkeegogamang, ON has been postponed until spring. This may in fact be a blessing as it allows more time to bathe this event in prayer. Pray that God would go before us in the planning to open doors and connect us with community leaders who have a heart to see this happen and will commit time to it.
3. Johan & Kerrie Strydom (Parry Sound & Muskoka, ON) and their family will be travelling to South Africa to see Johan’s parents over Christmas, a trip they have not made in seven years. Please pray for safety and protection from any of the Enemy’s plans against them and that their time with family will be sweet.
4. Rosie Boskoyous (Niverville & Winnipeg, MB) needs to find a new place to live as of the New Year. Please pray that something will open up for her within her budget either in Niverville or Winnipeg.
5. Daren George (Smithers, BC) will be in Vancouver December 6 seeing an eye specialist. Since his stroke he has been plagued with eye problems that greatly limit his ability to read. Pray for healing and for grace for Daren as he deals with this.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…