Prayerlines – April 2018
“Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” Oswald Chambers.
Praise God . . . Answered Prayers
- The presentations to grades 6-12 students at Nelson House, March 1-2 went better than expected. The students were very attentive. Some went home and talked to their parents about what they’d heard.
- One of the communities that Johan Strydom works in near Parry Sound has invited Johan to begin a Grief Recovery Group in the community. This is a wonderful open door for him.
Prayer Priorities . . .
1. The Rising Above Band heads to The Pas, Manitoba, April 14-15 for a community outreach concert and church service at the Alliance Church. Please pray for safe travelling and a spiritual impact in that community through these events.2. Parry Sound, ON — Johan Strydom
- At the first men’s group meeting only one man showed up. Please pray that the word would get out in the community about the group and that the Spirit would draw men to join.
- Please also pray for the Grief Recovery Group to begin in the community of Shawanaga.
3. Pray for Daren George and the family as he continues to grieve the loss of his youngest brother Chris George who was tragically killed in a work accident last month. Around the same time another family member passed away. Pray that he would sense God’s sustaining love and strength as he deals with these compounding losses.
4. Rosie Boskoyous, a First Nations woman in her final year of her MA in Counselling Psychology at Providence Seminary is being hired for a part-time ministry staff position with Rising Above. As she begins her support raising campaign, pray that God would supply the finances needed to begin employment.
5. Terry will be representing Rising Above at a national Indigenous gathering in Moose Jaw, April 23-24. Pray that God would orchestrate connections to find some leads for the still vacant position of Executive Director.
THANKS for your willingness to pray…