Family Victory Workshop Niverville, MB October 27-29
The Family Victory Workshop identifies characteristics of family violence and describes how to step away from the vicious cycle to become a victorious family! The workshop integrates Cheyanne Gould’s native roots and heritage with a rich combination of education, experience and a personal faith in Christ.
The Family Victory Workshop
- provides insights and resources to strengthen families
- focuses on the root causes of unhealthy relationships
- gives hope for a future filled optimism
- addresses history through an Aboriginal perspective
- is based upon a firm foundation of faith
Community Worker Workshop Topics (Saturday Afternoon)
- Intergenerational Effects
- Cycle of Violence
- Characteristics of a Victim and Children
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
Cheyanne Gould is a young Anishinaabe woman who speaks in a powerful way about family issues. Her approach to family and community wellness is unique and inspiring. Cheyanne’s previous areas of work such as a Family Enhancement Worker and her personal experiences have helped her to gain understanding and knowledge on the dynamics of family. Cheyanne has facilitated other workshops such as Traditional Family Parenting, Aboriginal Literacy and Parenting Skills, Healthy Relationships and Red Road to Healing. She has also trained as a Teen Talk Service Provider Training and Suicide Prevention Level II. She is a board member to the Manitoba First Nation’s Wellness Advisory Committee, representing the Youth. Cheyanne has been blessed with two beautiful children, ages 4 and 8.
Registration opens in September.
Provided by Canada Awakening Ministries in Partnership with Rising Above Abuse Counselling Agency.